- The frame slider kit for the 1098 spent a lot of time in R&D. The narrow engine makes for a somewhat long slider needed to reach the bodywork.
- We were concerned that a standard slider would have a tendendcy to bend and/or break - causing damage to the frame and engine.
- With this in mind, we made a support bracket that clamps securely to the frame to reinforce the slider.
- Again we had a test rider try them out (with a crash while racing) and they held up perfectly, helping to protect the tank and water pump.
- These are a little more expensive than our standard sliders, but well worth the investment when it comes to protecting your Italian beauty.
- Cutting 2 inch holes in the bodywork is required.
- This kit requires the elimination and/or removal of the exhaust flapper valve motor.
- We confirmed with Ducati NA that this is just a low rpm noise reduction device.
- On our bike (which just has slipons) we trimmed off the small drain plug on the bottom of the piece and zip tied the valve motor to the frame about 1/4" above the original mount.
- All full exhaust systems we are aware of eliminate this device completely, so if you have a full system none of this will apply to you.
Click on the link under the pictures right corner to see picture av the pucks included in the kit.